top of page
Untitled design (1).png



Family-Sponsored petitions require the person to be sponsored typically by a spouse, sibling, or child to obtain Legal Permanent Resident status (“green card”). The Firm specializes in representing clients looking to sponsor a relative or a spouse to obtain immigration status. There are two ways to accomplish this process: (1) “adjust status” in the United States; or (2) “consular process” in a foreign country.  The process requires the filing of several immigration forms as well as evidence establishing familial relationship, economic support, and other evidence favoring discretion.  While there are some differences between adjustment of status and consular process, both afford the same permanent resident status. Depending on a person’s situation, the adjustment of status can be granted by USCIS or an immigration judge.  Please contact our office for more information about the process.  Every case is unique and it’s important to ensure the client is eligible before applying. ​

NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS                      

There is also a category of visas known as “non-immigrant visas.” These visas are designed for individuals without immigration status to obtain legal status in the United States, but generally speaking do not allow a noncitizen to travel abroad.  Common non-immigrant visas include, for example, “U-visas,” which is a visa for individuals who are victims of a violent offense and agree to assist authorities in the prosecution of the perpetrator.  Other common non-immigrant visas also include: T-visas (for victims of trafficking, in particular sex trafficking); K-visas (for a noncitizen engaged to a United States citizen and want to get married in the United States); and S-visas (for noncitizens assisting authorities to prosecute individuals); and B1-B2 visas (for foreigners wishing to visit the United States on business or pleasure).  Our Firm helps clients evaluate what visa, if any, he or she may qualify and assist the client with completing the application to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the United States Department of State. 


There is also a miscellaneous category of immigration remedies available to clients, depending on their case.  The one most recognized by the public is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).  DACA was created to provide work authorization to children who were brought to the United States by their parents before the age of 16.  Persons with DACA status are eligible to obtain employment authorization.  Another form of relief is a Stay of Removal (Form I-241). This form of relief is obtained after the noncitizen’s other remedies to remain in the United States have been exhausted. To be eligible for a Stay of Removal the person must establish hardship. If the person can establish hardship and pay the application fee, the person would be eligible to remain in the United States. For more information about these or other possible forms of relief please contact our office.

bottom of page